The Lone Arrangers Keyboard Forum  
Home Register Blogs FAQ Members Calendar Map Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Lone Arrangers Keyboard Forum > Discussion Forums > Yamaha Tyros 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5
Reload this Page What's connected to what
Notices

Yamaha Tyros 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 This forum is primarily intended for discussion, plus help & advice on the Tyros series of Yamaha keyboards. Is the new Tyros 5 on your wish list?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
What's connected to what
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Kemo Sabe invite me to dinner
Tyros 1, Tyros 4, (2)Peavy k100, Yamaha mixer; Alesis mixer; Roland kc550 Taylor 355, Yamaha 400, GENOS

Threads: 23
Default What's connected to what - 03-10-2016, 03:01 PM

I have a Tyros4 connected through a non-powered mixer to a powered Roland550 amplifier. Through the mixer, I also connect my microphone and sometimes a guest microphone. Although the Tyros mic jack allows many unique features (most of which I wouldn't use) I find the universal means of balancing the inputs give me more flexibility including added guitars and microphones that utilize the Roland as a PA sound system. I have 2 complete Tyros speaker sets (one from my Tyros1 and one from my Tyros4) but find the uptop speakers getting knocked off in handling or much too much time spent in setup doing the plug and wire bit. No disrespect intended to Tyros for providing everything for the player, but it's more fun when I engage others to join.
Am I alone in finding preferences in setup beyond the onboard keyboard output and how is it done. I have pics of my Tyros4, Roland 550, Yamaha mixer and microphone mounted stand all on a home designed and manufactured pneumatic tired cart if the pics are of interest. I'm interested in learning how others move and setup between "gigs". If it takes more than 10 minutes, the nursing home circuit gets bored and if it takes more than one trip in or out, I get tired and too hot or cold.

Dick
RETIREMENT - REWARD FOR BEING YOUTHLESS
Re: What's connected to what
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Deputy Sheriff & Mentor
Tyros 5,Tyros 3, Montage 6, Motif XS, Korg M3, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer UMX490, Yamaha P70, Korg NS5R, Stagepas 300, Turbosound ip2000

Threads: 108
Default Re: What's connected to what - 03-10-2016, 07:16 PM

Hi Dick
Care homes are my sole gigs now - in fact my wife is a resident in one.
The size of the room I'm playing in and the size of the audience governs which amp system I use. Smaller rooms get the MS05 speaker set up and larger ones my Stagepas 300. I can get set up in 10 minutes with either of them once the bits have been carried into the venue. I use a concertina style stand for the T5 and a collapsible seat. One thing I do is keep the cables connected to the back of the MS05 woofer as fiddling around with that fragile 8 pin plug in the dark soon damages the pins. All connections to the rear of the T5 are colour coded so the sockets can be identified from the front top too. The speaker connections and the pedal connectors are colour coded too.
The Stagepas mixer/amp is situated on a stand just to the side of where I sit so I can easily adjust settings. The mic is either routed through the T5 for the MS05 set-up or a TC Helicon Perform-V for the Stagepas set-up.
I have the T5 in a flight case with the MS05 in a hold-all and a small case which holds the pedals and bits and pieces. The Stagepas rig goes into a purpose built Yamaha wheeled trolley which has an extendable handle. The speaker poles and mic stand goes into a case.
The hardest part for me is getting the T5 and flight case into the back of the car - it must weigh half a ton!

Cheers
Spike

Reality is an illusion created by alcohol deficiency
Tyros 5, Tyros 3, Montage 6, Motif XS6 plus Karma, Korg M3, Behringer Deepmind 12, Yamaha P70, Behringer UMX490, Korg NS5R, Fostex MR16, Tascam US122Mk2, Tascam DR40, Stagepas 300, Turbosound ip2000
Music Workshop
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Kemo Sabe invite me to dinner
Tyros 1, Tyros 4, (2)Peavy k100, Yamaha mixer; Alesis mixer; Roland kc550 Taylor 355, Yamaha 400, GENOS

Threads: 23
Lone Arranger Re: What's connected to what - 04-10-2016, 12:42 PM

Thanks Spike,
Your description sounds like the dilemma that forced my set up. Physician imposed weight lifting restrictions led to the tired set up that isn't lifted (actual total weight 200#). I roll it up a ramp into my van and lock it down. The T4 remains covered on top and doesn't get removed. The setup works well for venues up to 60-70 guests. For large spaces (fire halls or outdoor large gatherings), I have one of my Peavy k100 amplifiers on wheels and the Roland 550 amp is designed to "daisy chain" the second amp connected with 100' speaker connecting cords. I'm just not able to lift 15" speakers up to elevated tripod mounts. The second amp does force a second trip to the stage.
I hope the residence in which your wife resides is as comfortable and professional as the facilities in which I play.

Dick
RETIREMENT - REWARD FOR BEING YOUTHLESS
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Deputy Sheriff & Mentor
Tyros 5,Tyros 3, Montage 6, Motif XS, Korg M3, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer UMX490, Yamaha P70, Korg NS5R, Stagepas 300, Turbosound ip2000

Threads: 108
Default Re: What's connected to what - 04-10-2016, 01:29 PM

Hi Dick
"..I hope the residence in which your wife resides is as comfortable and professional as the facilities in which I play. "
I'm sure it is - in my opinion it's the best in the north of Scotland, she couldn't be in a better place. Only 13 residents but around 25 staff.
Cheers
Spike

Reality is an illusion created by alcohol deficiency
Tyros 5, Tyros 3, Montage 6, Motif XS6 plus Karma, Korg M3, Behringer Deepmind 12, Yamaha P70, Behringer UMX490, Korg NS5R, Fostex MR16, Tascam US122Mk2, Tascam DR40, Stagepas 300, Turbosound ip2000
Music Workshop