The Lone Arrangers Keyboard Forum  
Home Register Blogs FAQ Members Calendar Map Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Lone Arrangers Keyboard Forum > Discussion Forums > Yamaha Tyros 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5
Reload this Page Tyros 4 style choice
Notices

Yamaha Tyros 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 This forum is primarily intended for discussion, plus help & advice on the Tyros series of Yamaha keyboards. Is the new Tyros 5 on your wish list?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Tyros 4 style choice
(#1 (permalink))
Old
I'm new around here
Yamaha Tyros 4

Threads: 1
Default Tyros 4 style choice - 29-07-2017, 10:45 AM

Hi all, I was wondering, when you are learning a piece, how to detect what style/rhythm to use for the song.

It would be good if there was an app like soundhound that could detect the "Rhythm style" (As against the song title) that would at least put you in the ballpark when trying to find a style that mimics the original.

I have a Yamaha Tyros 4 and was wanting to learn the song Something Stupid (Robbie and Nicole version). The problem is there is many differing styles on the keyboard.

So to my question, how do you guys find the style/accompliment/rhythem that closely matches, or is at least similar to, the original, when learning a new piece?

Many Thanks Chris
Perth, WesternAustralia

Last edited by monarols; 29-07-2017 at 03:56 PM..
Re: Tyros 4 style choice
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Deputy Sheriff & Mentor
Tyros 5,Tyros 3, Montage 6, Motif XS, Korg M3, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer UMX490, Yamaha P70, Korg NS5R, Stagepas 300, Turbosound ip2000

Threads: 108
Default Re: Tyros 4 style choice - 06-08-2017, 09:09 PM

Hi Chris, if you are unsure about which rhythm is going to fit your intended song have a quick look in the Musicfinder, maybe the song will be there and an appropriate style suggested.
Other than that if you have the music, maybe there will be a suggestion near the title or , as a last resort, go through all the styles and jot down any which you think may be useful.
Once I have found a style for a song I copy it to the USER section and then re-name it with the title of the song.
I play Something Stupid with a rumba style

Cheers
Spike

Reality is an illusion created by alcohol deficiency
Tyros 5, Tyros 3, Montage 6, Motif XS6 plus Karma, Korg M3, Behringer Deepmind 12, Yamaha P70, Behringer UMX490, Korg NS5R, Fostex MR16, Tascam US122Mk2, Tascam DR40, Stagepas 300, Turbosound ip2000
Music Workshop
(#3 (permalink))
Old
I'm new around here
Yamaha Tyros 4

Threads: 1
Default Re: Tyros 4 style choice - 10-08-2017, 11:48 AM

Hi Spike, and thanks for your reply :-) I will have a look in music finder as you suggest. I notice that most music has a suggestion near the title, but I find them a lot vague. I think the other thing you suggest is how I have been doing it, just going thru the styles and try to pick one, but of course, its quite time consuming.

Of course, the Tyros series is a work station, so with knowledge of how to compose a rythem/style, you could imitiate the orginal backing by just listening to it, but I guess you need a good ear, lol

I must admit, I do like to hear songs that are played on the keyboard, with a style/backing that is very close to the original. Its much the same with music with me, the closer a performance is to the original the more I tend to like it. I can see tho, that some folks would find that "pointless" (You need to add your own flare on a performance) Yes, Im the sort of person that like to go to a live concert and hear it sound Exactly like the CD/DVD, lol

Thanks again for your reply again!

Cheers Chris
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Deputy Sheriff & Mentor
Tyros 5,Tyros 3, Montage 6, Motif XS, Korg M3, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer UMX490, Yamaha P70, Korg NS5R, Stagepas 300, Turbosound ip2000

Threads: 108
Default Re: Tyros 4 style choice - 10-08-2017, 12:08 PM

Hi Chris
There is of course plenty of song specific styles on the internet, some free, some cost and then , as you suggest, you could make your own - if you're confident you could do that (and it's quite easy especially if you read music) you could look at my article here Making a style from scratch
Cheers
Spike

Reality is an illusion created by alcohol deficiency
Tyros 5, Tyros 3, Montage 6, Motif XS6 plus Karma, Korg M3, Behringer Deepmind 12, Yamaha P70, Behringer UMX490, Korg NS5R, Fostex MR16, Tascam US122Mk2, Tascam DR40, Stagepas 300, Turbosound ip2000
Music Workshop