The Lone Arrangers Keyboard Forum  
Home Register Blogs FAQ Members Calendar Map Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Lone Arrangers Keyboard Forum > Discussion Forums > Yamaha Tyros 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5
Reload this Page Resetting
Notices

Yamaha Tyros 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 This forum is primarily intended for discussion, plus help & advice on the Tyros series of Yamaha keyboards. Is the new Tyros 5 on your wish list?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Resetting
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Tonto's invited me to dinner
I use a Tyros II

Threads: 3
Question Resetting - 17-08-2017, 08:31 PM

I have not used my Tyros 4 for a few years and when I started it back up, it seemed to have lost some of my songs that were in the Music Finder. I am wondering if I reset the tyros back to original settings, do I lose the other songs I have in Music Finder? Not the ones the machine came with but the ones I have put into Music Finder.
Re: Resetting
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Deputy Sheriff & Mentor
Tyros 5,Tyros 3, Montage 6, Motif XS, Korg M3, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer UMX490, Yamaha P70, Korg NS5R, Stagepas 300, Turbosound ip2000

Threads: 108
Default Re: Resetting - 19-08-2017, 01:30 PM

My opinion is that a factory reset will delete all the songs you loaded into Musicfinder unless you copy what you've got to a USB stick first
Spike

Reality is an illusion created by alcohol deficiency
Tyros 5, Tyros 3, Montage 6, Motif XS6 plus Karma, Korg M3, Behringer Deepmind 12, Yamaha P70, Behringer UMX490, Korg NS5R, Fostex MR16, Tascam US122Mk2, Tascam DR40, Stagepas 300, Turbosound ip2000
Music Workshop
(#3 (permalink))
Old
I use a Tyros II

Default Re: Resetting - 19-08-2017, 09:14 PM

Thank you, now can you tell me how I download all of my music on the music finder to a stick? If I copy over all of the songs on Music finder to a USB stick, then I should be able to reenter them back after a reset??? Thank you again.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Deputy Sheriff & Mentor
Tyros 5,Tyros 3, Montage 6, Motif XS, Korg M3, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer UMX490, Yamaha P70, Korg NS5R, Stagepas 300, Turbosound ip2000

Default Re: Resetting - 19-08-2017, 10:10 PM

Insert your USB stick
Select Musicfinder
Press Button 7 to access the files
On the new screen tab to PRESET (You may find your old files in the USER tab)
Select Button 3 COPY
Press button 3 to select the file/folder you want to copy
Press OK
Tab to USB
Press PASTE
The chosen file/folder (Preset or User) will be copied to the USB stick

To copy from the USB stick back to User or Preset tabs just do it the other way round
Hope this helps
Spike

Tyros 5, Tyros 3, Montage 6, Motif XS6 plus Karma, Korg M3, Behringer Deepmind 12, Yamaha P70, Behringer UMX490, Korg NS5R, Fostex MR16, Tascam US122Mk2, Tascam DR40, Stagepas 300, Turbosound ip2000
Music Workshop
(#5 (permalink))
Old
I use a Tyros II

Default Re: Resetting - 23-08-2017, 09:51 PM

Thank you, I tried this and I could not tell if it worked or not. I put the usb stick in the computer to pull up the songs that were on the music finder and it didn't appear the same, if they were there, they wern't in the same order as the music finder and the names were not the same? While fooling around with it, I discovered that I had a lot of songs on the hard drive, but it is hard to get them up in a hurry also. Is there a trick to assessing the hard drive and pulling up the songs you want. Sometimes they come up and other times they don't. Maybe I should reset my tyros and start afresh, but I don't want to lose the new songs I've put into the music finder. If I transfer them all to the hard drive, will they stay, if I reset? Thank you Suzi
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Deputy Sheriff & Mentor

Default Re: Resetting - 24-08-2017, 10:53 AM

Hi Suzi
The songs that are on your hard drive - are they midi or audio?
If midi then on the main screen press button A and your previously recorded songs will be under the USER or HDD tab (possibly USB tab if you have the stick inserted and songs have been saved to it).
Audio recorded songs will similarly be shown after accessing the Audio recorder and looking there.
The alternative to saving your Musicfinder list to a USB stick is to connect your Tyros to your PC through a USB cable (to device) and start your Tyros by holding down the Musicfinder button whilst turning the power on. This connects the PC to the Tyros in File Transfer Mode and the Tyros will be shown as an external storage device. You can then transfer any files to the PC and back again.
Do back up your files either this way or onto a USB stick before doing a factory reset - which I don't think is going to help anyway.
I do 9 or 10 gigs a month with my Tyros and I access the styles for the songs I play very quickly. All my styles are re-named with the name of the songs and located in folders, according to genre, on my HDD (backed up on a USB stick). I have a registration called START which sets the keyboard up as I require and takes me straight to the folders containing the songs. From this I select the song which I'm about to play. I take , at the most, about 5 seconds to load the next song style.
FYI I don't use Musicfinder at all and from switching on the Tyros to playing the first song is less than 10 seconds (excluding warm-up time)
Hope you find this helpful
Spike

Music Workshop