The Lone Arrangers Keyboard Forum  
Home Register Blogs FAQ Members Calendar Map Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Lone Arrangers Keyboard Forum > Discussion Forums > Yamaha Tyros 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5
Reload this Page Genos...6...?
Notices

Yamaha Tyros 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 This forum is primarily intended for discussion, plus help & advice on the Tyros series of Yamaha keyboards. Is the new Tyros 5 on your wish list?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Genos...6...?
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Kemo Sabe invite me to dinner
Tyros 1, Tyros 4, (2)Peavy k100, Yamaha mixer; Alesis mixer; Roland kc550 Taylor 355, Yamaha 400, GENOS

Threads: 23
Default Genos...6...? - 26-09-2017, 01:00 PM

Teasers and speculation have owners and want to be owners checking websites and pocket books in anticipation of Yamaha's next version of the arranger keyboard. I read a negative comment that the focus of the keyboard is so old players with limited skill can play in nursing homes. It seems more like a split focus to attract electronic wizards who want to be the "Harry Potter" of recording or the the nest egg generation who can afford all the bells, whistles gongs, drums and back up bands in the history of music. Whichever path there is, I would like three sets of information to settle the dust: 1. What features are included compared to all previous Tyros versions, 2. When. where and how can it be purchased and 3. What is the price to me where I live.
Seems like those willing to make a $ deposit before knowing would be willing to buy "a pig in a poke".

Dick
RETIREMENT - REWARD FOR BEING YOUTHLESS
Re: Genos...6...?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Deputy Sheriff & Mentor
Tyros 5,Tyros 3, Montage 6, Motif XS, Korg M3, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer UMX490, Yamaha P70, Korg NS5R, Stagepas 300, Turbosound ip2000

Threads: 108
Default Re: Genos...6...? - 26-09-2017, 09:40 PM

Some initial information here https://www.facebook.com/groups/YamahaGenos/
A lot of speculation as the launch is not until October.
Touch screen....YUK! If it's anything like the screen on my Montage I won't be buying it.
Spike

Reality is an illusion created by alcohol deficiency
Tyros 5, Tyros 3, Montage 6, Motif XS6 plus Karma, Korg M3, Behringer Deepmind 12, Yamaha P70, Behringer UMX490, Korg NS5R, Fostex MR16, Tascam US122Mk2, Tascam DR40, Stagepas 300, Turbosound ip2000
Music Workshop
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Tyros 1, Tyros 4, (2)Peavy k100, Yamaha mixer; Alesis mixer; Roland kc550 Taylor 355, Yamaha 400, GENOS

Default Re: Genos...6...? - 26-09-2017, 09:59 PM

Thanks Spike. I froze my information from Equifax and the other two credit raters because of the recent hacking. My mistrust in Facebook goes deeper than my concerns for the credit raters so before there was "unfriending" I disconnected from all Facebook connections. October will likely bring more info and perhaps sales of the Genos in Europe. Maybe we'll see it in the USA by Christmas...ho...ho...ho

Dick
(#4 (permalink))
Old
There is no life outside of this forum for me
Tyros 1 and and yamaha 413 and FL studio 7 with several plug-ins,Nexus 2,Garritan orchestra and churchorgans,moog modular,minimoog,magnus choir,analog

Threads: 316
Default Re: Genos...6...? - 15-10-2017, 02:05 PM

Hello All

About the Yamaha Genos, over here in the Netherlands is the price is 4743 euro
You get him with out the speakers and bass if you buy it from Keymusic store, other stores is the price much higher.

if you want the speaker you pay 332 euro and the standaard you pay 266 euro

well............................... i'll think about it and sleep over for many many nights if i want to buy it

Romeo
(#5 (permalink))
Old

Default Re: Genos...6...? - 15-10-2017, 02:27 PM

Spike, thanks for sharing the common hesitation. After a progressive series of Lowrey console organs, I bought my first Yamaha keyboard, something in the 600 series. After that I moved up a couple more steps until I bought a Tyros 1 (the last keyboard I'll ever need) With that thought, I passed on Tyros2 & 3.
I bought a Tyros4 (the last keyboard I'll ever need) and passed on a Tyros5.
It has taken me 40 years to realize that sooner or later (as finances allow) I'll buy (the last keyboard I'll ever need). Reading reviews about voices of resonator guitars and more, I ordered a Genos (the last keyboard I'll ever need). It didn't cost as much as a cruise to the Bahamas in retirement and I expect to share the enjoyment with more than a boatload of strangers for more than 10 days.....Go for it!!!

Dick
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Deputy Sheriff & Mentor
Tyros 5,Tyros 3, Montage 6, Motif XS, Korg M3, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer UMX490, Yamaha P70, Korg NS5R, Stagepas 300, Turbosound ip2000

Threads: 108
Default Re: Genos...6...? - 15-10-2017, 10:23 PM

Hi Dick
First I'll have to get over my dislike of touch screens then I'll see how the Genos is accepted by the arranger playing public before I'd consider buying. I bought the Montage on the basis of the demos by experts hoping I could emulate them - it's not going to happen, the learning curve is too steep. However I will probably keep it as it should be complimented by the Behringer Deepmind 12 which I've just bought which is so easy to edit and program.
This makes my studio rig of Motif XS, Montage, Korg M3 and Deepmind 12 all going through a MOTU express 128 midi interface and Cubase AI8. The Deepmind also compliments my Tyros 5 for when I do functions and my Tyros 3 for just playing around in my lounge.
I'm looking forward to hearing some songs played on the Genos and uploaded here.
Cheers
Spike

Reality is an illusion created by alcohol deficiency
Tyros 5, Tyros 3, Montage 6, Motif XS6 plus Karma, Korg M3, Behringer Deepmind 12, Yamaha P70, Behringer UMX490, Korg NS5R, Fostex MR16, Tascam US122Mk2, Tascam DR40, Stagepas 300, Turbosound ip2000
Music Workshop
(#7 (permalink))
Old

Default Re: Genos...6...? - 20-10-2017, 12:42 PM

WOW !!! It has even smoother sounds than Tyros4. Individual adjustments for each selected voice. Pulled a thumb drive from "4" and opened in Genos. Good styles sound even better, especially the organs. Touch screen seems intuitive...what and where I though things to be were there. FAST !!!
To do more, I must learn more. Have always had to learn to play with new toys.
This is like my first encounter with Rubic's Cube.
Physical differences require modifications to my attached personal monitor, microphone stand and stopwatch. Bottom contours leave smaller half oval surface for stand mounting. 76 keys require longer case.
Research prior to purchase did not reveal the specifics of these (somewhat expected) differences. I wish those details had been available so that I would have had my stands etc. ready and would not be playing with the keyboard sitting on my amplifier for me to play when I should be busy with the equipment modifications.
Details of how large the 2nd bottom, semi permanently installed thumb drive should be provided (but are not clear). I ordered a 128 gig-3 to install. Still unsure if larger storage will take more time to access..
Reference manual still not available online and not included in shipped packaging. Owners manual directs owner to refer to the reference manual.
Included registration paperwork directs the owner to open a Yamaha website to register but the Genos is not yet included in dropdown menus. A call to customer service got the Genos registered. Seems like Yamaha has been in as much of a hurry as users have been to launch the new workstation (no longer referred to as "arranger").
So far the pleasant surprises outweigh the time and space adjustments.

In 5-6 years will we be asking when Genos2 will be available or will we demand a Tyros 6 or 7?

I will gladly test features for any with specific questions but keep in mind my focus is playing music before learning computer adjustments, changes and creation of styles and registrations

Dick
(#8 (permalink))
Old
There is no life outside of this forum for me
Tyros 5 Now a TRX System

Threads: 280
Default Re: Genos...6...? - 20-10-2017, 04:07 PM

Hi Dick, I certainly wont be buying it, I can't stand touch screens, You would have to hit it with the back of your nail to avoid dirty marks on it... Pam

Tyros4
(#9 (permalink))
Old
I think Tonto really likes me
Alesis Fusion 6HD and 8HD,Yamaha MOXF6, Akai Advance61, Yamaha SY85, Yamaha DX21,Roland MT32, NI Komplete11, Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Pia

Threads: 5
Cool Re: Genos...6...? - 25-10-2017, 02:00 AM

Indeed, opinion seem very divided over the Genos.

Touch screen welcomed by some - as Yamaha seem to have been late to the game compared to the other Majors . . .

Discussion continues here if anyone's interested?

Yamaha Genos Forum - YamahaMusicians.com

The Montage is a firm favourite of Josh Phillips (Kbds; Procul Harem)

He tells me, it featured HEAVILY on their most recent album, but the "trade-mark" Hammond remains in his rig . . .

We did a gig with them not so long ago at the Royal Festival Hall, London . .

Here's Josh and I with the Montage8 . . . .

parametric
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Parametric, Josh and the Montage.jpg (140.6 KB, 3 views)